Dad: “Hey, you’re wearing yet another great outfit this morning! You look poised, professional, well put-together and very attractive. Great job!”
Me: “Umm…While I appreciate the compliments, I’m sort of offended that every morning for the past week when I come down to go to work, you’re genuinely shocked that I can make myself look presentable.”
Dad: “I’m sorry, but it is sort of surprising. It’s just that I associate you with being slumped over on the couch wearing Jack Daniel’s pajamas. But, you clean up really well!”
...Well if wearing those pants around my house like a second skin is so wrong, then why did Kohl's sell them to me at such a reasonable price?! NO ONE UNDERSTANDS! Now I’m going to wear lots of black eyeliner, listen to my 30 Seconds to Mars mix CD and brood while playing the Friday in the Office Drinking Game!
Wondering how it’s possible to play this at the office? Well, it’s Take Your Daughter to Work Day. And my daughter is vodka. Now go get Mommy some OJ.
Take One Sip:
- When someone asks if you have any big plans for the weekend
- When someone says “TGIF!” or a variation of
- For every minute you’re late in the morning
- For every minute you extend your lunch break
- For every minute you duck out early
- For every co-worker out of the office today (if you work in a big company, you’re welcome)
- Every time someone tells you about their weekend, unsolicited
- Someone complains about how long this week seemed
- Someone mentions Happy Hour
- A complaint is made about how long today is
- Every time someone says “Have a great weekend”
Have a great weekend!