Someone uses the word “monetize.”
Meg and Chris drink too much and/or talk too much.
Someone comments on Meg and Chris drinking too much.
The Prince of Petworth asks Tulane Chris if he feels “emasculated” by the name 2 Birds 1 Blog, “because when he hears ‘bird’ he thinks of a woman.”
The Prince of Petworth asks Tulane Chris if he feels emasculated:
- during his twice-yearly visits to the gynecologist
- when his father gave him away at the altar
- when he’s cast as Maria in his high school’s production of “The Sound of Music”
- because of his clear, sweet soprano
- during his mammogram
- by the fact that his full name is Tulane Chris Gladys Victoria Imogen Adelaide Blogger-Blog
- by his two X chromosomes
- by his clitoris
- because of his striking resemblance to the late Jayne Mansfield
- by the “F” on his driver’s license
- by his through-the-roof estrogen levels
- by his flawless portrayal of Sally Bowles in a local dinner theatre production of Cabaret
- by his wide, childbearing hips
- by his long struggle with ovarian cancer
- during his several pregnancies
- because people are always checking out his "gams"
- because he always the lucky girl picked to play the Virgin Mary in his Chruch's nativity scene
- because when he lost his virginity, a hymen was torn. And that hymen was his.
- when he won “Miss Congeniality” at the 2006 Miss Texas pageant
- by his membership in the League of Women Voters
- during his two years as a Dallas Cowboys cheerleader
- when passersby say of him, “There goes a real lady.”
When a woman in the audience rises to ask a question, but instead of asking a question talks about how she’s a real writer who went to school to be a writer. At St. John’s College. In Annapolis.
When you decide, “Fuck it! I’m moving to Annapolis to be a writer!”
When, once in Annapolis, it all comes together, and you write several novels described in the New York Times Book Review as “luminous, with a depth and sincerity seldom seen, especially so consistently and in one so young.”
Meg makes you wait an extra half-hour for lunch because “Evie and I were having kind of an intense cuddle. She may or may not have drooled on me."
I'm sorry, but that last one is a point of pride. And she did drool on me. Have a great weekend everyone and wave a mini flag for me on the 4th! L8rs.